11.29.2011

Thankful

November is coming to a close, which also means that soon this year will be over. It's been a rather emotional year for me, one where I have felt the happiness of delving into new experiences to sadness after losing a friendship. It was during that time that I felt a bit lost and started questioning about where my life was going. I knew that I was doing so much and yet I was feeling unfulfilled.


I started this blog to help remind me of all the wonderful experiences I was having. All the opportunities that I am so lucky to be able to have. During the few months that I have been writing, I've rediscovered photography and how much pictures capture feelings that for me are often hard to express. I'm still learning.



When November began, I wanted to highlight all the things in life for which I was thankful. I started to bold those words in my posts that brought me happiness. 


It was hard not to bold everything! Sometimes it was as simple as a smile to as odd as a vacuum. It was small like a tomato to big like nature. It is almost anything and everything.


There is so much in this life to be thankful for and it is so easy to take it for granted. I look at my list of words and it really could go on and on and on. But I've limited myself to a list within 8 letters this month. 


As of yesterday, I have almost filled all the letters. I think if I had written a post everyday, I could've filled them all. I filled the last of it in about 1 minute of free writing. 


Sometimes, I would look at my growing list and close my eyes in peace. I wish I could say that it's every day I feel that, but I'd be lying if I said I did. Life is difficult. It's big and it can be lonely. It can be tiring. It can be painful. It fills you with emotions that can be hard to manage. But life gives back so many rewards for every challenge it throws at you. 


Those rewards are what I cherish. The words that represent just a few of those rewards are now on eight letters that are hanging in my dining room. It is the room I pass through every day. Those letters will be one of the first things I see when I come home. When I am feeling unfulfilled, I just have to look at these letters and see how fulfilling my life is. 


Life is good. My life is good. And for this I am thankful. Everyday and forever. 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. What a nice reminder to hang in your house of all of the wonderful things in your life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...