11.20.2011

Foraging and Underground Dinners

Several weeks ago, I had the pleasure of experiencing Wild Kitchen with ForageSF. It was a-ma-zing! I really loved dining at the communal tables and meeting new people. Guests brought wines to pair with the eight (!) course meal and everyone was sharing their wines. By the end of the evening, it was like a holiday dinner with family. It was quite dark so taking photos was impossible. Plus, I was having too much fun eating and drinking!

I saved the menu, of course.

I've been trying to recreate the evening a bit by drawing out the meals. I'm not a very good drawer though. I usually have to look up a drawing and model my drawing from it. It would be cool if I could draw from "scratch" but I'll take what I can get. 



Anyhow, I'm still working on it. It's hard to find a sketch online of roasted pulpo with salsa verde.

After that event, I was eager to find more. And I did with the Stag Dining Group. They had a dinner on Friday, which was set in the lovely Trocadero Clubhouse in Stern Grove. Three long communal tables in a quaint dining room with a cozy fireplace and beautiful hardwood floors. The vibe was a bit more formal than the Wild Kitchen event, but the food was just as fantastic. 


It was pretty dark in their dining room as well, but I was determined to take some photos, because I knew drawing goat cheese panna cotta would be impossible for me. 


When photos are dark and blurry, photo editing programs sure do come in handy.


 This cauliflower soup was divine. I just wanted to find those little tea pots and pour that creamy deliciousness straight into my mouth!


These short ribs of beef melted in your mouth, and made me very thankful that I'm not a vegetarian. Looking forward to another event in the future and discovering these hidden treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...