10.07.2011

Random thoughts and yippees

This may have to be a weekly installment...

1. I took a painful glorious 8-mile run this morning. The sun was shining but the air was brisk. At mile 2.5, a glistening bronzed god ran by me. From mile 2 to 2.1, he was in front of me, and I followed the glow. I told myself he was to be my inspiration and I would keep running until he passed me again. (This trail ends at mile 6, at which point you need to turn around. Or you can just sit there and hope someone will carry you back.) At mile 3, he was nowhere in sight. By mile 4, I began to wonder if he was a figment of my imagination. By mile 4.5, I was cursing and said screw the god, so I turned around. My legs pooped out at mile 8, and I walked the rest of the way. Of course that's when the god passed me again. I tried to run after him, but he vanished within seconds. But then, at the end of the trail, there he was again, waiting for me! A bouquet of flowers and a glass of champagne in his hand....   True story! (At least part of it.)

2. When I started my run, I realized the underwear I was wearing was a little worn on the elastic. I had the sensation that they were going to fall down and kept tugging at them to pull them up. I was getting seriously annoyed. But then I thought about it, and realized they really weren't going to fall completely off. If I could just ignore the sensation that they were falling off, I would be able to run in peace. And alas, I completely forgot about them. When I finished my run, I focused on them again, and realized the annoying feeling that they were falling off was still there. But I had managed to focus on the important things! See, you really can do anything if you set your mind on it! (WE HAVE A WINNER! Congratulations, you have won first place for the most random thought of the day!)

3. It's Friday, and this brings my Yippee for today, brought to you by the letter "H":
The "i" had to sneak in there, that party crasher

The Pisco sours at La Mar are calling my name. I'm coming!

The guy in the middle is not happy because he knows his fate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...