10.24.2011

Crafts and Cocktails

Cocktails on a Sunday afternoon seemed like a good idea at the time. Unfortunately, one cocktail led to two, which led to... well, more. An afternoon became an evening, and today, it has hit me for the umpteenth time that I am not in my twenties anymore. Sigh. Doesn't help that I threw out my back this morning. All I did was lean over slightly and I felt a sharp pain down my back. Now it's all spazzed out. Definitely not in my twenties anymore.


Anyhow, prior to my cocktail extravaganza, I was crafting away this weekend. I am in a very crafty state of mind these days. I've been making these magazine bowls for friends, it's like knitting. But instead of a basket of yarn, I have my basket of folded magazine pages.

My basket of folded magazine pages (from the Restoration Hardware catalog)

Coiled up pages, original DIY here

Another use for the coil


I filled this bowl with paper flowers, but forgot to take a photo


Also, block letters are all the rage these days, but they are hecka expensive. I thought I would put some old cardboard boxes to good use, along with pages from an old dictionary. I was sort of inspired by this pinata DIY.

Brought to you by the letters "R" and "S"

S is for songbirds
S is for Songbirds, tweet tweet

Some branches and tissue paper make a simple decoration


Here's one of those paper flowers

I gave the letters to my friends as a housewarming gift. They loved them! Now I just need to find some time to make the whole alphabet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...