10.06.2011

Edamame and Avocado Salad

I seem to be confused. When it's 90 degrees out, I make a stew. Now it's a bit chilly out, and I'm making a cold salad.  And yes, I do like ice cream when it's snowing out.

Actually, I needed to use up an avocado before it went bad, and I found this recipe for avocado and edamame salad, which I had first seen on Joy the Baker. I didn't have radishes, but I did have this lovely candy-striped beet. It's called a Chioggia beet, named after the Italian town that they originate from.

How pretty are these?


They need to be cut quite small as they have a hefty bite to them. I made the salad, replacing the parsley for cilantro since it was all I had.

Avocado and Edamame Salad
1 16-ounce bag frozen shelled edamame
1/4 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
2 teaspoons honey
juice of 1 lime
pinch of salt and fresh cracked pepper
1/2 cup sliced green onion
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 small Chioggia beets, diced into small pieces
1 ripe avocado, diced
Bring about 4 cups of water to boil in a medium saucepan. Add frozen edamame and boil for five minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.

In a small bowl, whisk rice wine vinegar, oil, garlic, ginger, honey, lime juice, and salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, combine edamame, green onion, cilantro, beets, and avocado. Toss together with dressing. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...