9.05.2011

To run, then eat (or maybe to eat, then run... or better yet, just eat)

I took advantage of my free morning today, and went for a run. After a commendable 6.5 miles (I initially stopped at 5.5, but then the thought of all the pasta I ate this weekend pushed me a bit further), I decided to reward myself with something delicious but quick and easy.

I bought some beautiful brown turkey figs the other day at the Farmer's Market.



Look at the gorgeous color! I found a lovely recipe by Jamie Oliver (tweaked just a tad) that pairs the figs with mint. Wonderful combo!

Ingredients:
1 loaf rustic bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
1 large clove of garlic, peeled
Extra virgin olive oil
6 large ripe figs
12 slices prosciutto
Fresh mint
Balsamic vinegar

Assembly:
Brush the slices of bread with olive oil and place on the grill. Once nicely toasted, rub with the garlic clove. Drape a piece of prosciutto over each slice. Tear up the figs and place a few pieces on top. Mince up some mint leaves and sprinkle on top. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.

nom nom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...