9.03.2011

Lunchtime


I thought a nice salad for lunch would be good. Unfortunately, it's pretty slim pickings in my garden. Two mutant carrots and a little tomato.

 So off to the Farmer's Market this little piggy went. The place was packed, but what can you expect on a warm beautiful Saturday? The bounty of fruits and vegetables just had me snapping my camera away (and obviously in the way of all the other shoppers).

Yellow figs! Gorgeous!


Alas, I came away with some figs and corn for later, and the fixings for my salad. I made up a simple honey mustard dressing (these measurements are totally a guess). 
  • 1/2 cup mustard
  • 2 tbsps of shallots
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 tsp fresh thyme
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • pinch of kosher salt


Honeybear likes to stand on his head. The garden thyme was lacking today.

And voila, a summer salad, complete with mutant carrots! I'll admit, I was still pretty hungry afterwards, so I topped things off with some leftover pasta.

The honey bear protects the meal



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...