4.17.2012

Cauliflower Crust Craziness

After much carb inhalation in February (especially Week 7), I decided to do a few weeks of low carbing in March. It definitely helps in making me feel better overall. While carbs (bread, potatoes, and candy are favs for me) give me major instant gratification, later on, I am weighed down, both physically and mentally. The past few weeks, I have needed all the energy I can get, so doing this has been helpful.

Anywho, I decided to put my Pinterest pin to use and try this Cauliflower Crust Pizza.

I made this big one a few weeks ago and burnt the edge to a crisp.

Three main ingredients: 
1 head cauliflower, l egg, and 1 cup cheese of your choice.


Moooo.

The cauliflower goes in the food processor and is spun around until it's kind of grainy. Then into the microwave for 8 minutes. Then into a cheesecloth where the heck gets squeezed out of it, leaving you with a dry "dough" base. (Much too messy to show on film.)


Mix in your egg and cheese. I threw in some oregano too.


Shape them into little mini-crusts. Put on parchment paper. I don't know if you need cooking spray, but I just put it on. Last time I made this, I threw it straight on a baking sheet and it got really stuck and burnt (see top photo).

Bake at 450 for 15 minutes or so.
Then add your favorite toppings. Sausage and cheese for me. Bake at same temp until the cheese melts.

Then it gets too dark to take photos. So you use your iPhone and Instagram, which can make any bad photo look artistic with just a few taps.


It's good stuff, yo. (sigh, I can't believe I just wrote that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...