1.12.2013

Weeks 51 and 52, Happy New Year


Yes, yes, it's already two weeks into 2013. As you can see from the white squares below, I was a bit busy.



351: I baked cookies, trying to get together some home made gifts. 

352: With little time to cook because it was crazy busy at work, my meals consisted of cookies, leftover croissants, and scones. I think there are few food groups in there. 

353: Busy

354: Still busy, take out noodles and soup

355: Unwind with the girls over wine and Middle Eastern food

356: Busy again

357: Busy again, this is a Trader Joe's chicken pot pie that I stuck in a ramekin to make it look homemade.

358: Sunday Football. My team lost, by a lot.

359: What, Christmas Eve? Barely got the gifts together, and went to the folks and stuffed my face like a chipmunk.

360: Stayed over at the folks just so I could have more food the next day. Oh yes, and Merry Christmas!!

361: Breakfast under bad light

362 and 363: Busy

364a: Saturday I went into the city with the fam and we played tourists, staying overnight in a hotel and eating up a storm. Went to Tout Sweet for this beautiful dessert of burnt caramel and buttery goodness. 

364b: Dinner was at the lovely Quince. Gorgeous plating and wonderful ambiance. Too bad my lobster was ridiculously oversalted that I had to send it back. But this little amuse bouche was lovely. 


Day 365: We ended our SF adventure with a few more good eats. But as a lot of Instagram activity was posting your favorite 9 of 2012, I posted this little collage of some of my favorites.


I have to say, it is really interesting to see the difference in my food photography from day 1 up to this point.

Day One

And finally, DAY 366!!!

I decided to celebrate completing my little 366 project (that I will never do again), I would host a dinner for 7 of my closest friends. It was a fantastic meal, if I do say so myself.

Le Menu:

Smoky Chicken Phyllo Croustillants
Slow-Spiced Short Ribs
Prosciutto-Wrapped Asian Pears
Potato & Leek Soup with Bacon Jam
Freshly Made House Rolls
Spinach and Pomegranate Salad 
Herb-Roasted Pork Tenderloin
Deconstructed Croqueembouche with Dulce de Leche Cream


As usual, too busy prepping to take many good photos, but this one is a good representation.


So that's it! 366 days of food! I hope you enjoyed the journey. Here's to more yummy eats in 2013, except I'm not taking any photos of it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...