9.28.2011

Redecorating

Just about every room in my house is in some stage of redecorating. The two top rooms on my redecorating list are the dining room and the craft room, which is currently the "throw all your junk in here" room.

I decided to start tackling the dining room. As I'm big into repurposing, I'm really going to try to limit my purchases and use whatever I have lying around. Plus, I need to get rid of the junk in the junk room so I can finish redecorating that room.

Dining room circa 2010

When I moved into this house at the end of 2008, I was okay with the wall color. But the more I looked at it, the more peachy it became and the more I started to hate it. I finally painted the walls last month a Tiffany Bluish color after I found a can in the $5 pile at Home Depot. When it's on a little tiny box, the color is fantastic. But when it's on 10 feet of wall space, you start to feel like the Easter Bunny came in and got sick on your walls.

I started to flip through my Domino home decorating book, and came across this photo:


"Ladylike Luxe" is the title of the page. Yes, that's what I want! But can this luxe lady create a room like this on a budget? The wall is a bit busy for me, so I decided to try my hand at painting free hand.






It doesn't really have that luxe feeling to it, almost a bit childish. Is it the monkey? But I love monkeys! I'll have to let it simmer a bit while I work on the furniture. My plan is to add a slipcover to the bench, repaint the chairs with the blue cushion a white color, and haven't quite figured out what to do with the other chairs. Anyhow, let's see if I can finish this before the next millenium.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...